- The "GIMBUKA" project closed its activities in 7 districts 2020-09-22 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Gimbuka is a USAID-funded project implemented by Caritas Rwanda, its main objectives in eleven districts between 2012-2020 was to improve the nutritional status, to strengthen the wellbeing of orphans and other vulnerable children and their families and to empower Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) to prevent new infection to HIV/AIDS and Sexual Gender Based Violence through DREAMS initiative.
- “Her family thought she could never stand on her legs” 2020-09-10 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Sandrine Uwase, a young girl from Rwamagana district, Gishari Sector, was born with mental and physical disability and could neither walk nor stand up, but now, with the help of Gahini Hospital through the Caritas Rwanda/USAID Gimbuka project, there is hope that she will be able to walk in the near future.
- What story would the “GIKURIRO” project have left behind? 2020-09-09 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
The Gikuriro program was a five-year Integrated Nutrition and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) activity funded by USAID Rwanda, from October 2016 to July 2020. “Gikuriro” is a Kinyarwanda word that refers to good growth relative to height for age.
- Young people in Rwamagana, Gicumbi and Kamonyi districts are grateful for the knowledge they have acquired 2020-07-20 / cumuhire / Education / 0 comments
Through the USAID-funded GIMBUKA project, which is being implemented by Caritas Rwanda in collaboration with the authorities of Rwamagana, Gicumbi and Kamonyi districts, vocational training courses have been provided to young people.
- The fight against malnutrition cannot be carried out without hygiene 2020-07-09 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
Some residents of different sectors in Nyabihu and Ruhango districts are thankful and overjoyed with the access to clean water, after over 30 years fetching water from streams.
- Disaster victims appreciate the help they have received 2020-07-04 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
In collaboration with Trocaire, OXFAM, Caritas Rwanda and the organization DUHAMIC-ADRI, they helped disaster victims by providing building materials, sanitation equipment and messages urging them to fight the global COVID-19 pandemic. This is a 45-day project funded by START FUND.
- Caritas Rwanda: Improving nutrition is Improving lives 2020-06-03 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Through Voice for Change (V4CP), Caritas Rwanda in partnership with SNV, a Netherland Organization, since 2017 advocates for vulnerable families to increase access to nutritious and diverse foods to eliminate malnutrition.
In Rutsiro District, officials and partners have joined Caritas Rwanda voice to helping families with malnutrition problems, improving their lives by teaching them how to prepare healthy meals and also how to save money from small savings in other to be able to take care of their lives.
- Caritas Rwanda is not left behind in fighting the COVID-19 2020-06-03 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
As the rest of the world, Rwanda is also facing the consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic. Caritas Rwanda has not fold one's arms in front of the problem, it is now participating by helping the government containing the virus by spreading media messages, giving food to vulnerable families facing economic consequences of the COVID-19 crisis.
- ICASA2019: Caritas Showcases Religious Approach Among HIV communities 2020-01-20 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
Thanks to the precious financial support of Caritas Korea, Caritas Internationalis (CI) was able to showcase workable models in which religious leaders play a key role in advancing case-finding and early treatment for children living with HIV.
The presentations were made by Caritas leaders from Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Nigeria in occasion of the 20th International Conference on AIDS and STIs in Africa (ICASA), held in Kigali, Rwanda, on December 2-7, 2019.
- Small loans for business activities changed lives of Internal Savings and Lending Group members 2019-12-04 / cumuhire / Development / 1 comment
The savings groups created and formed by Caritas Rwanda through the USAID funded Gimbuka program are now a source of income and the families of its members benefit from these results
- CLEAN WATER AND SANITATION: THE DRIVERS TO HEALTHIER FAMILIES 2019-11-29 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Caritas Rwanda/ Gikuriro Program is an integrated nutrition and WASH program for five years (2015-2020), a USAID Program awarded to Catholic Relief Services in consortium with the Netherlands Development Organization, SNV. Caritas Rwanda implements in two districts, Nyabihu in west province and Ruhango in south province.