- Caritas Rwanda together with World Vision join forces for a new project 2021-11-25 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
“Alleviating Poverty of Vulnerable Refugees and Host Community Members through Sustainable Livelihoods and Self-Reliance Following Graduation Approach” project funded by the US Government and implemented by World Vision (Lead) and Caritas Rwanda (Sub-grantee) who are the Poverty Alleviation Coalition (PAC) members in Rwanda, wa
- MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE FIFTH WORLD DAY OF THE POOR 2021-11-16 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS
FOR THE FIFTH WORLD DAY OF THE POOR
14 November 2021, Thirty-third Sunday in Ordinary Time
“The poor you will always have with you” (Mk 14:7)
- Partnership agreements between Caritas Africa, Caritas Italiana and La Banca Popolare Etica of Italy 2021-11-16 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Caritas Africa has signed partnership agreements with Caritas Italiana and La Banca Popolare Etica d'Italia for the project entitled; Support for the promotion of ethical finance through capacity building of microfinance institutions (MFIs) serving community organizations and civil society in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Results for written Test Economic Strenghtening and Food Security Officer 2021-11-10 / admin / News / 0 comments
Results for written Test Economic Strenghtening and Food Security Officer
- Shortlisted Candidates to the position of Social Inclusion Officer 2021-11-05 / admin / News / 0 comments
Shortlisted Candidates to the position of Social Inclusion Officer
- A friendly visit and exchange 2021-10-27 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments After the African Microfinance Week (AMW), the delegation of Caritas Africa, Caritas Italiana, the Italian Episcopal Conference and the Banca popolare Etica of Italy paid a short visit to Caritas Rwanda, where they had the time to exchange views on the collaboration between Caritas Rwanda and the microfinance institutions (MFIs), particularly “le Réseau interdiocésain de microfinance” (RIM); a microfinance institution created by the Catholic Church of Rwanda. The Secretary General of Caritas Rwanda Father Jean Marie Vianney TWAGIRAYEZU, after welcoming the guests, also made a brief presentati
- SAM; An insightful conference for Caritas in terms of collaboration with Microfinance Institutions 2021-10-27 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Caritas Africa and 9 national Caritas members, Caritas Italiana, the Italian Bishops' Conference and the Banca popolare Etica of Italy participated in the 5th edition of the African Microfinance Week (AMW), SAM (in French) , which is the largest conference dedicated to the development of financial inclusion in Africa, held every two years.
- School materials provided by Caritas Rwanda through the USAID/GIMBUKA project ease the struggles of parents 2021-10-14 / cumuhire / Tenders / 0 comments
Parents who have children supported by Caritas Rwanda through the USAID Gimbuka project testify that the support of school materials for their children is not only for the benefit of the children but also for the whole family.
- Savings groups help beneficiaries of the Caritas Rwanda/UNHCR Graduation Pilot project to develop their business activities 2021-10-14 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Beneficiaries of the UNHCR Graduation Pilot project, sponsored by UNHCR and implemented by Caritas Rwanda, say that working in small savings and credit groups has helped them increase the income of the businesses they started after being funded by the project.
- Families Matter! Program reminds parents to be close to their children 2021-09-03 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
The USAID Gimbuka project, implemented by Caritas Rwanda, through "Families Matter! Program" organized a training for project beneficiary families, especially those with children aged 9-14, reminding them of the importance of talking to, checking on their children daily, and educating them about reproductive health.
- Caritas Rwanda launches “Tube Aheza, Amazi Hafi” project in Karongi district 2021-08-31 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Tube Aheza, Amazi hafi a project co-financed by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Republic of Slovenia was launched on 20th August 2021 by Caritas Rwanda and Karongi district. It’s a 29 months project which will be implemented in Mutuntu, Rugabano, Rwankuba and Gashari sectors.
- Savings and Internal Lending Communities (SILC): They are no longer worried about their survivor thanks to Caritas Rwanda/UNCHR GRADUATION PILOT 2021-07-22 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Since January 2020 CARITAS Rwanda is implementing the Project named ‘Graduation Pilot 2020; Pathways to Economic Inclusion and self-reliance of the refugees and their host communities in RWANDA’.
- Caritas Rwanda supports empowerment of adolescents and youth to end early pregnancy and sexual violence 2021-07-13 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
USAID Gimbuka, is a USAID-funded project implemented by Caritas Rwanda, under USAID-Caritas Rwanda Cooperative Agreement since 2012. The project is undergoing its third phase (2020-2022), with a particular focus on either OVC infected and affected by HIV/AIDS or victims of SGBV.
- It is always important to remind Caritas staff of its history and mission 2021-06-16 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
To recall the foundations of Caritas, the Caritas spirit and to reaffirm the good relationship between Caritas Rwanda and the diocesan Caritas, the department of social welfare from Caritas Rwanda visited all the diocesan Caritas to discuss and exchange views.
- Assistance to victims of the Nyiragongo volcano eruption continues 2021-06-15 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
The NYIRAGONGO volcano located 20 km north of Goma in DRC at the border with the city of Gisenyi in Rwanda in the Diocese of Nyundo is one of the volcanoes still active in the region.
On the evening of Saturday 22/5/2021, the eruption of Nyiragongo Volcano surprised the population of the region and forced more than 6,000 inhabitants of Goma to flee to Gisenyi.
- Recruitment of Family Planning SBCC Specialist - Final Results 2021-06-10 / admin / News / 0 comments
Recruitment of Family Planning SBCC Specialist RBF/ENABEL Project - Final Results
- Recruitment of Family Planning Communication Specialist - Final Results 2021-06-10 / admin / News / 0 comments
Recruitment of Family Planning Communication Specialist RBF/ENABEL Project- Final Results
- Caritas Kibungo helped them change their lives 2021-06-09 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Several young people in the diocese of Kibungo are grateful to Caritas Kibungo for helping them get off the streets and find work through the training they received from Caritas.
So far, Caritas Kibungo has trained a number of former street children in handicrafts and taught them how to save money in tontines.
- Covid-19 prevention equipment donated by Caritas Rwanda to health centers is a vital aid 2021-06-09 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
The leaders of the 109 health centers of the Catholic Church are grateful for the support of the protective equipment against Covid-19 provided by Caritas Rwanda, which is a gift from Caritas Internationalis.
- They are happy to go back to school 2021-05-05 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Orphans and children from vulnerable families supported by the USAID Gimbuka project, funded by USAID and implemented by Caritas Rwanda, are delighted to have access to school materials that will enable them to better return to school.
- Caritas Rwanda's Contribution to the Implementation of the Encyclical Laudato Si 2021-03-30 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Thanks to the funding from various partners including but not limited to Slovenia, Belgium and Rwanda governments, Caritas Slovenia, Caritas International Belgium, Caritas Austria etc, Caritas Rwanda network has carried out different activities and promoted different best practices to protect our common home, among them the protection of the soil against erosion, the rational use of water resource, the promotion of agro-ecology, organic farming, the use of bio-pesticides, the use of renewable energy among oth
- The benefits of the "Graduation Pilot 2020" project for its beneficiaries 2021-03-01 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Graduation Pilot 2020 is a project aimed at helping refugees escape poverty and improve their lives. It is funded by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and implemented by Caritas Rwanda.
Their lives have begun to improve thanks to the Graduation Pilot 2020 project
- The youth of the diocese of Nyundo / Gisenyi are ready to volunteer 2021-02-10 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
The RECHANGE project (Capacity Building in Humanitarian Actions and Volunteer Management in Francophone Africa) implemented by 7 national Caritas, including Caritas Rwanda, celebrated the International Volunteer Day with the young volunteers of the Diocese of Nyundo /Gisenyi.
- Caritas Rwanda in Gender based violence fight 2020-12-24 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
USAID Gimbuka, a USAID-funded project implemented by Caritas Rwanda, under USAID-Caritas Rwanda Cooperative Agreement since 2012. The project is undergoing its third phase (2020-2022), covering RUBAVU, RUTSIRO, KARONGI, NYAMASHEKE and RUSIZI districts, with a particular focus on either OVC infected and affected by HIV/AIDS or victims of S/GBV.
- A little help goes a long way for Burundian refugees in Rwanda 2020-11-12 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
“Development is the new name for peace.” Pope Paul VI
Kayirangwa Emeline used to look at her eight children and despair. A Burundian refugee, she was raising them alone in Mahama camp in Rwanda after fleeing her own country.
“I was always in debt because I never had enough money to feed my large family. I looked at my children, hungry and without clothes, and I didn’t know what to do,” says Kayirangwa.
- The savings and lending groups allowed them to clear their debts. 2020-11-02 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Single women head of households in 122 savings and credit groups run by Caritas Rwanda in Mahama camp said that if it was not for these groups, they would not be able to care for their families.
- OUTSTANDING RESULTS BY “NGIRA NKUGIRE’’ PROJECT 2020-10-20 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Ngira Nkugire, an eco-friendly project is being implemented by Caritas Nyundo/Kibuye under the coordination of Caritas Rwanda since January 1st 2018 till November 10th 2020, and local partners not only are grateful for the financial support by the Government of Slovenia and Caritas Slovenia but also happy of the project achievements.
- Celebration of the World Food Day 2020 2020-10-20 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
The World’s Food Day 75th anniversary celebration on 16th October 2020 coincides with the Global COVID-19 Pandemic caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS CoV 2). The FAO message at the occasion reads: grow, Nourish and Sustain Together. Since the pandemic outbreak in Rwanda on 14th March 2020, the government of Rwanda has put in place preventive measures including the total lockdown which was partially lifted as early as May, 2020.
- Caritas Rwanda/USAID Gimbuka project launch 2020-10-14 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
USAID Gimbuka, is a USAID funded project implemented by Caritas Rwanda under USAID-Caritas Rwanda Cooperative Agreement since 2012. The project is undergoing its third phase (2020-2022), covering RUBAVU, RUTSIRO, KARONGI, NYAMASHEKE and RUSIZI districts, with a particular focus on either OVC infected and affected by HIV/AIDS or victims of S/GBV.
- 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees 2020-09-28 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Sunday, September 27, 2020 is the 106th World Day of Migrants and Refugees (WDMR), as the title for his annual message, the Holy Father Pope Francis has chosen; “Forced like Jesus Christ to flee”, based on what happened to Jesus Christ who was displaced and fled with his parents.
- Caritas Rwanda donated COVID 19 prevention materials to the Ministry of Health 2020-09-24 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
The Catholic Church, through Caritas Rwanda, provided the Ministry of Health with various equipment that will be used to prevent COVID-19 and to help patients suffering from respiratory problems.
- The "GIMBUKA" project closed its activities in 7 districts 2020-09-22 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
Gimbuka is a USAID-funded project implemented by Caritas Rwanda, its main objectives in eleven districts between 2012-2020 was to improve the nutritional status, to strengthen the wellbeing of orphans and other vulnerable children and their families and to empower Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) to prevent new infection to HIV/AIDS and Sexual Gender Based Violence through DREAMS initiative.
- “Her family thought she could never stand on her legs” 2020-09-10 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Sandrine Uwase, a young girl from Rwamagana district, Gishari Sector, was born with mental and physical disability and could neither walk nor stand up, but now, with the help of Gahini Hospital through the Caritas Rwanda/USAID Gimbuka project, there is hope that she will be able to walk in the near future.
- What story would the “GIKURIRO” project have left behind? 2020-09-09 / cumuhire / Development / 0 comments
The Gikuriro program was a five-year Integrated Nutrition and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene) activity funded by USAID Rwanda, from October 2016 to July 2020. “Gikuriro” is a Kinyarwanda word that refers to good growth relative to height for age.
- Young people in Rwamagana, Gicumbi and Kamonyi districts are grateful for the knowledge they have acquired 2020-07-20 / cumuhire / Education / 0 comments
Through the USAID-funded GIMBUKA project, which is being implemented by Caritas Rwanda in collaboration with the authorities of Rwamagana, Gicumbi and Kamonyi districts, vocational training courses have been provided to young people.
- The fight against malnutrition cannot be carried out without hygiene 2020-07-09 / cumuhire / Health / 0 comments
Some residents of different sectors in Nyabihu and Ruhango districts are thankful and overjoyed with the access to clean water, after over 30 years fetching water from streams.
- Disaster victims appreciate the help they have received 2020-07-04 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
In collaboration with Trocaire, OXFAM, Caritas Rwanda and the organization DUHAMIC-ADRI, they helped disaster victims by providing building materials, sanitation equipment and messages urging them to fight the global COVID-19 pandemic. This is a 45-day project funded by START FUND.
- Caritas Rwanda: Improving nutrition is Improving lives 2020-06-03 / cumuhire / Social / 0 comments
Through Voice for Change (V4CP), Caritas Rwanda in partnership with SNV, a Netherland Organization, since 2017 advocates for vulnerable families to increase access to nutritious and diverse foods to eliminate malnutrition.
In Rutsiro District, officials and partners have joined Caritas Rwanda voice to helping families with malnutrition problems, improving their lives by teaching them how to prepare healthy meals and also how to save money from small savings in other to be able to take care of their lives.